This book helps teachers get to grips with using software and offers advice on the different classroom management, differentiation and learning styles issues involved in using a whiteboard in a classroom context by:
* Covering issues specific to Primary school teachers integrating whiteboard teaching into their classrooms
* Providing cross-curricular strategies that help teachers incorporate the board in a range of subjects
* Including screenshots and photos that show what can be created and how to do it
* Offering innovative ways of presenting curriculum topics
* Including a CD packed full of resources that teachers can develop for their own use.
Jenny Gage is Academic Coordinator for the Motivate Project, Millennium, Mathematics at Cambridge University. She also provides training in the use of interactive whiteboards for teaching mathematics at all levels.
Part I: The Interactive Whiteboard in the Classroom 1. Practical matters 2. How can an interactive whiteboard enhance teaching and learning in the primary school? 3. Pedagogy Part II: Getting Started 4. Getting acquainted with the interactive whiteboard 5. Basic operations 6. IWB software Part III: Lesson Resources 7. English 8. Mathematics 9. Other subject areas