Gain a complete introduction to institutional pharmacy practice and efficiently prepare for the new sterile compounding certification exam Principles and Practice, 2nd Edition, focuses on safe and accurate practice. This edition has expanded and updated coverage to address preparation, processing, medications, technique, and documentation, with review, analysis, and application of , , and and additional content on waste management, workflow, safety and compliance, billing and reimbursement, and emergency management. Illustrations abound, and content is brought to life with an updated art program, step-by-step procedures, and technician notes and alerts. Certification review questions are included with each chapter, and online student and instructor resources round out the offering.
- Competency forms, lab activities, and sample compounding orders allow you to perform basic, hands-on aseptic manipulations in the lab.
- Mini-case scenarios promote critical thinking and application.
- Tech Notes, Tech Alerts, and Did You Know? boxes offer key information on-the-job success.
- Content modeled after ASHP curriculum for technician training.
- Chapter quizzes and an online sample exam offer student practice and exam preparation.
- Instructor support materials online, including lesson plans, PowerPoint slides, a test bank, student handouts, answer keys, an image collection, and chapter pretests.
- NEW Procedure boxes with step-by-step instructions, technique photos, and rationales.
- NEW and EXPANDED Chapter quiz questions and a sample exam prepare students for classroom exams or the new certification credentialing exam.