1797 establishments

(0) Erste Bewertung abgeben
CHF 22.90
Auslieferung erfolgt in der Regel innert 3 Wochen.
Kartonierter Einband

Beschreibung

Klappentext

Source: Wikipedia. Pages: 33. Chapters: Delaware County, New York, Mission San Fernando Rey de España, Adams County, Ohio, Mission San Miguel Arcángel, Mission San José, Jefferson County, Ohio, Mission San Juan Bautista, Bullitt County, Kentucky, Christian County, Kentucky, Warren County, Kentucky, Cocke County, Tennessee, Bracken County, Kentucky, Wyrley and Essington Canal, Hartwick College, Chatham House Grammar School, Deerfield Academy, Kaplaneios School, Royal Black Institution, Herzen University, Law Society of Upper Canada, Methodist New Connexion, Amadeo's theatre, Zuber Cie, Anchor Inn, Liverpool Athenaeum, Stoke Military Hospital, Villa Olmo, Saint Petersburg Theological Academy, Republic of Crema, Army of Mainz. Excerpt: Mission San José was founded on June 11, 1797 on a site located in the "Mission San Jose District" of Fremont, California (formerly an independent town, a spot that the natives called Oroysom or Orisom) in the "Valley of San José." The settlement was the site of the first Ceasarian section childbirth in Alta California. The Mission entered a long period of gradual decline after secularization in 1834, though numerous restoration efforts in the intervening periods have reconstructed many of the original structures. The original padre's quarters are now a small museum; Saint Joseph's Church at the Mission San José is today a local parish church of the Diocese of Oakland.The church has a regular schedule and also has a visitors' center, museum (open daily) and slide show telling the history of the mission. In the early part of the 1900s a sign was erected on the roof of the museum which read "Mission San Jose de Guadalupe" (in reference to el pueblo de San José de Guadalupe, the first civic settlement in Alta California, founded in 1777 ). Regrettably, this misnomer is often used by authors and even government agencies to this day when referring to the installation. Work on the site of Mission San Jose commenced in May of 1797 by Indian people from Mission Santa Clara, 13 miles to the south, under direction of Franciscan missionaries and secular Hispanic overseers. The location, on slopes overlooking the Fremont plain on the east side of San Francisco Bay, had been inhabited for countless generations by Indians who spoke the San Francisco Bay Ohlone language. The Ohlone lived a hunting and wild-plant harvesting lifestyle. Their food included seeds, roots, berries, the flour from acorns, small game, deer, fish, and shellfish. In 1797 most of the Indians from the immediate vicinity of the mission site had actually already been baptized at Mission Santa Clara, 13 miles to the south, during the 1780s and early 1790s. It was these people who returned home to form the foundi

Mehr anzeigen

Produktinformationen

Titel
1797 establishments
Untertitel
Delaware County, New York, Mission San Fernando Rey de España, Adams County, Ohio, Mission San Miguel Arcángel, Mission San José, Jefferson County, Ohio, Mission San Juan Bautista, Bullitt County, Kentucky, Christian County, Kentucky
Editor
EAN
9781156149508
ISBN
978-1-156-14950-8
Format
Kartonierter Einband
Herausgeber
Books LLC, Reference Series
Genre
Geschichte
Anzahl Seiten
36
Gewicht
93g
Größe
H246mm x B189mm x T2mm
Jahr
2011
Untertitel
Englisch
Mehr anzeigen
Andere Kunden kauften auch